Country Director Jobs, Director Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is a charity organization working in Africa with the goal of bringing education, healthcare, justice and reintegration to prison inmates. They seek to hire a country director who will be tasked with helping to build on the foundations and lead in working interdependently with the rest of the community in establishing a posture of hospitality and excellence internally and externally.
Title: Country Director – Kenya
Location: Kenya (with regular overseas travel)
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with the London office and other offices as appropriate.
- Participate in the national legal fraternity when required, including participation on task forces, training courses and at conferences.
- Ensuring correct data collection processes are followed, timely completion of the balanced scorecard, trends in data and organisational performance are analysed and acted upon.
- Contribution to our Education Steering Group and a future Services Steering Group.
- Ensure a well-balanced, well documented and cost effective programme of legal training to equip our change makers to provide quality legal services.
- Manage and encourage co-operative relationships established with various legal institutions and ensure that these joint initiatives conform to programme objectives.
- Ensure that the control of expenditure and the disbursement of resources is in accordance with established procedures and maintain the financial and legal integrity of the organisation.
- Maintain effective and appropriate staff/intern/volunteer recruitment, induction, appraisal, retention, remuneration (where appropriate) and development practice at all levels to ensure we have the right people and they are well cared for.
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the Government, at all levels.
- Ensure the fundraising team is kept informed of all programmatic developments.
- Establish and develop working relationships with key donors and actively develop local funding sources appropriate to the resource needs.
- Encourage the development of appropriate research with a view to improving the quality of legal education and services.
- Develop and maintain appropriate contingency plans for all kinds of emergencies. Such plans to be presented for approval of the Line Manager for inclusion in Risk Management Policy and reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work/ community development or related
- A master’s degree.
- Senior business leadership training will be an added advantage.
- Board sitting experience is an added advantage.
- Training in Non-profit leadership and experience in leading diverse teams that include national and international staff.
- Experience with integrated community development programming, with a diverse knowledge of technical program areas
- Professional banking qualifications: ACIB, CPA (K), ACCA or any other chartered institute an added advantage.
- At least ten 10 years’ experience progressively responsible development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in aid development and justice for the poor.
- Strong ability to engage externally with donors, partners, and other stakeholders. Evidence of building coalitions and engaging externally to influence policy and strategic directions.
- Fluency in English; strong written and spoken English language skills and ability to communicate the Mission and Vision of the organization well.
- Previous experience in Africa and understanding of the context and cultures of the continent.
- The position is based in Kenya with regular travel to overseas
How to apply:
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Country Director-Kenya) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd February 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.