Communications Manager Jobs, Communication Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi.
Our client is an international organization that raises awareness and provides high-level support to address public health challenges facing emerging economies. They seek to recruit a Communications Manager. S/he will be tasked with the development and implementation of the company’s integrated communication strategy to effectively promote the brand and the business.
Title: Communications Manager
Industry: Public Health
Gross Salary: 300k
- Making complex concepts accessible and actionable to a wide audience by developing strategies for creating key messages, fact sheets, social media posts, and creative digital materials and mobilizing teams accordingly.
- Develop compelling narratives for communication content that can take the form of human interest stories, case studies, social media graphics, newsletters etc.
- Building strong relationships with top-tier media outlets to ensure reporting around public health issues we care about increases and is grounded in evidence.
- Pitching health stories to journalists in a way that appeals to them, situates the health issue as part of the country’s development discourse, and encourages them to regularly report on health issues.
- Elevating the voice and expertise of high-level influencers by providing them opportunities to be spokespeople and supporting them on media engagement activities.
- Liaising with partners to amplify voices around issues and ensure coordinated action.
- Following and tracking trends in global health policies and funding opportunities to continuously innovate on strategy.
- Manage client relationships, ensuring the needs of the client are met and keep GHS senior management apprised of project development
- Develop relationships with international opinion leaders and journalists
- Understand background and nuance across our priority issue areas to form compelling arguments and provide strategic counsel to clients
- Coach junior staff members on writing, client-facing interactions, and time management skills
- Manage project work plans and budgets to ensure timely completion of client deliverables
- Organize and attend events and meetings with GHS senior management on behalf of clients
- Contribute to business development
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing & Communications. Master’s degree in Marketing / Communication is preferred
- Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- 7-10 years of work experience
- Deep expertise in communications and media relations including pitching
- Exceptional writing ability with emphasis in persuasive writing
- Experience managing and mentoring teams to achieve ambitious results
- Experience managing budgets
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Preference for Kenyan Nationals; must be eligible to work in Kenya.
- Foreign language skills (French or Portuguese, in particular)
- Media agency experience
- Online campaign and digital strategy experience
- Public health and global development experience
- Experience with Adobe Suite of creative tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) or Canva
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and copies of your certificate quoting the job title on the email subject (Communications Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2nd May 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.