Civil Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is in the building and construction industry engaging in Residential, Commercial Construction as well as Civil Engineering. They are seeking to hire a qualified and competent individual to fill in the role of a Civil Engineer for their construction projects.
Title: Civil Engineer – Road Construction
Gross Salary: 100k
Location: Nairobi (with extensive travel)
• Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
• Plan and design structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tool
• Conduct on-site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
• Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
• Assess potential risks, materials, and costs
• Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
• Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
• Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, plans, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
• Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
• Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
• Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
• Hand over the resulting structures and services for use
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Preferably a licensed professional engineer
• Should have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience road construction
• Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
• Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals et
• Project management and supervision skills
• Sound mathematical (financial) and technical skills
• Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Civil Engineer – Road Construction) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th January 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.