Our client is in the building and construction industry engaging in Residential, Commercial Construction as well as Civil Engineering. They are seeking to hire a qualified and competent individual to fill in the role of a Civil Engineer for their construction projects.
Title: Civil Engineer – Road Construction
Gross Salary: 100k
Location: Nairobi (with extensive travel)
• Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
• Plan and design structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tool
• Conduct on-site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
• Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
• Assess potential risks, materials, and costs
• Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
• Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
• Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, plans, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
• Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
• Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
• Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
• Hand over the resulting structures and services for use
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Preferably a licensed professional engineer
• Should have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience road construction
• Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
• Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals et
• Project management and supervision skills
• Sound mathematical (financial) and technical skills
• Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Civil Engineer – Road Construction) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th January 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.