Chief Engineer, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is a well established 5-star hotel in Nairobi. They seek to hire an experienced individual to head the hotel’s mechanical department to deliver on, projects management, operational and technical issues. The successful candidate will also be responsible for all construction/rehabilitation and refurbishment projects and ensure they are within budget and delivered on time as well as recommend the Engineering budget, business plan, capital expenditures and manage within approved plans and objectives.
Gross salary: 400 – 500K
Direct all aspects of engineering operations including emergency programs, energy management, asset protection, preventive maintenance and repairs to equipment, structures and grounds. Directs the Engineering staff, is responsible for accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.
• Preparing a full feasibility study for all project work in line with company policy and oversee all aspects of projects underway.
• Coordinating all tenders for works required and recommends the appointment of contractors.
• Check all completed projects and produce a detailed snagging list ensuring actions from such are rectified on time.
• On an ongoing and regular basis inspect and evaluate physical condition of entire hotel assets, including all guestrooms, public areas, pool area; complete and retain inspection reports on a regular and timely basis.
• Set up manpower levels needed to effectively run the Repair & Maintenance Department, liaising with the Human Resources Manager in hiring staff, creating Standard Operating Procedures policies and job descriptions.
• Responsible for purchasing tools, parts and other engineering related equipment.
• Controls of the operating stock and materials store.
• To ensure a critical standard of work delivered without compromising quality and further adhere to specific budgets and maintain overhead costs.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager and Supervisors and oversee the hotel’s preventive maintenance program.
• Must create a checklist that all Maintenance staff use to ensure that operations in the Maintenance Department are running smoothly on a day to day basis.
• Prepare monthly and annual expense and budget reports.
• Monitor and maintain the control of repairs & maintenance consumables and spare parts.
• Implement energy saving practices with the aim of bringing the Hotel’s energy bill down.
• Review and observe on a periodic basis the hotel engineering flow of work and procedures.
• Review and check from time to time the alertness of maintenance staff.
• Ensure continued training and seminars for existing staff in accordance with appraisal needs.
• Monitor performance of outsourced contractors carrying out specific projects within the Hotel.
• Responsible for the monitoring of fire and safety system equipment in the entire Hotel and the premises.
• Assist the General Manager, Directors and/or Managers in any other duties relating to Hotel & Club that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
• BSc in Mechanical Engineering or related field of Study
• At least 8 years post-graduation experience with 3 in a similar position. Experience in hospitality industry is an added advantage.
• Must be certified by the Engineering Board of Kenya
• Well trained on the Occupational Safety and Healthy Act 2007 regulations
• Ability to control and coordinate external contracts. The ability to multi-task within specific time constraints.
• Critical thinking and a logical mind – Ability to see through a problem.
• Project management i.e. tendering, budgeting, controls, and invoicing
• Demonstrate effective technical skills particularly in handling Boilers, Solar systems, Refrigeration, AC/Heating systems, Generators, Kitchen equipment, Civil works and general maintenance
• Knowledge and awareness of industry legal policies and framework.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Commercial awareness skills.
• Team working skills complemented with motivation, versatility and analytical skills.
• Ability and readiness to work long hours and be on call when needed
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Engineer- Hospitality) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 11th January 2019′
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.