Our Client is a well established 4-star Hotel in Nairobi. They seek to hire a Chief Accountant responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, managing accounting and budgets and forecast.
Reporting to: General Manager & Head of Finance
- Maintain Cost Control records and taking of accurate physical inventories and generally supervise the Cost Controller and his assistants.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all financial information; monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Review taxes owed and tax returns and ensure compliance.
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to provide advice.
- Prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Approve daily sales/covers reports and ensuring all reports are prepared and issued on a timely basis by the income auditor.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of pay transactions.
- Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient procedures.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features and ensure that the recommendations by both the internal and external audits of the follow-ups and corrections of the weak points raised.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/ACCA or CPA (K) qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting particularly in Hospitality Industry.
- Must have a good understanding of hospitality accounting systems such as SUN system
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- MUST possess strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Accountant- Hospitality) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14thNovember 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.