Chef De Partie Job, Chef Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is an indigenous Kenyan five-star restaurant chain that provides an engaging cultural experience for its customers. They seek to hire a Chef de Partie who will be responsible for managing the kitchen, maintaining food standards and ensuring consistency in all kitchen activities.
Gross Salary: 30-35K
- Responsible for all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Checking and refilling of stock levels in the shift.
- Be in charge of all the kitchen fridges, dry stores area and all kitchen machinery and equipment’s maintenance.
- Schedule shift timetables and off days and forward them to the unit chef.
- Facilitate daily buffet menu planning, clearing of left overs and being guided by F.I.F.O (first in first out policy) and develop a daily buffet menu.
- Facilitate all the team building activities
- Supervise the cooking of food items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Periodically visit dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate
- Diploma in food and Beverage production
- At least 3 years’ experience in a high end catering establishment
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
- Good knowledge in hygiene and sanitization regulations
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chef De Partie) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th December 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.