Business Development Jobs, Operations Manager Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi
Title: Business Development & Operations Manager
Contract: Full time. Fixed term 12 months contract.
Our Client is a perinatal education and support service offered to mothers and their children within the first 1000 days of life. They seek to hire a manager who will be responsible for generating sales and income to assure profitable and sustainable growth.
Business Growth and Brand Recognition
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
- Develop marketing plans that effectively execute the product development.
- Develop and execute online marketing plans including social media and web site utilization.
- Develop, package and present pitches that sell the product.
- Ensure that business development documents used by the company are well organized and easily auditable.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest positive long-term profit and market share.
- Analyse and define the market for product growth within the specific segments.
- Contract or personally perform select market studies or voice of the customer interviews.
- Understand the needs of customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
- React to system inefficiencies and resolve issues quickly to ensure seamless service offer.
- Manage relationship with external vendors. Liaise with vendors and businesses to manage contracts and services.
- Negotiate rates and pricing for delivery of services ensuring sustainable delivery of solutions at prices that can allow the Perinatal Educators to operate at a profit.
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions.
Perinatal Educators Empowerment
- Manage the Perinatal Educators in order to meet its objectives within budget and the allotted time frame and report promptly any operational concerns (e.g. challenges to meet objectives; increased beneficiary needs; projected over or under spending on budget).
- Provide strong leadership of the Perinatal Educators, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries are met.
- Set clear objectives and indicators for the Perinatal Educators activities.
- Continuously monitor and supervise activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data, and involving the KISSMEE project team.
- Work with all Perinatal Educators and stakeholders to satisfy clients and achieve company goals.
- Keep up to date on market trends and new products in the Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and Nutrition space.
- Determine training and mentorship needs of the Perinatal Educators.
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Manage the budget and ensure all expenses are according to budget, including accountability and good governance.
- Develop appropriate and supportive communication structures with relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, county and government officials, and other organisations).
- Participate in health coordination meetings, internal trainings, and other working groups and feeding back on relevant issues.
Quality Assurance and control
- Set the ambition – define the roadmap – Follow up achievement and Profit and Loss statements impacts and propose adaptation to the board accordingly.
- Propose and deploy a commercial and marketing plan – understand client need to adapt the offer – create a route to market the offer at a bigger scale.
- Empower perinatal educators to deploy the offer and increase capacities in entrepreneurship.
- Ensure the fundamentals are met: compliance, reporting and financials.
- Project Management skills
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Business intelligence
- A bachelor’s degree in business management with a specialty in marketing
- Within the age of 30 to 40 years
- Techno survey
- 2 to 5 years hands on working experience in a closely related role
- Significant experience in leading a social enterprise / start up to profitable growth
- Business management: income generation, organizational growth, managing budget, finance (forecasting, budget, Profit and Loss statements), business entity/law/contracts, sales capacity, strategic planning.
- Team management (leadership, motivation, team efficiencies & development)
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (BD & Operations Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th October 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.