Business Developer Job, Latest Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Business Developer,
Reporting to Regional County Manager – Coast,
Department: Telkom Digital,
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
To sell, manage, and develop as well as help in penetration of Telkom products and services to SME, Corporates and County Governments within the appointed area. The role ensures identification, facilitation and execution of sales opportunities within current and new clients in order to maximise sales and growth of revenue for Telkom within the appointed area.
- Achieve the sales targets as set by management
- Execute sales growth action plans in the market & Contribute positively to cost savings target of the business
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and facilitate the continuous growth of the customer base for the business.
- Determine required solution for the customer with a focus on cross- and up selling of products and services
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the partner and customer’s business for the assigned area
- Conduct analysis of customer, partners and sales metrics, costs and categories to help make informed business decisions.
- Address and resolve escalated issues from customers
- Forecast and maintain sales plans with customers for the assigned area
- Ensure accuracy of the first bill as signed and full adherence of the signed contract.
- Continuously ensure alignment with marketing, branding and communications procedures
- Compile and execute action plans to grow the customer and partner footprint for the assigned area
- Forecast and monitor sales for the relevant market segments for appointed area
- Provide insights in the growth strategies in conjunction with partners and customers to drive business growth for appointed area
- Facilitate and maintain the development of communication channels on all levels to prevent breakdown in information flow
- Support sales administration team with required information for sales order management
- Support the finance team in money collection and issue resolution
- Ensure adheres to policies and procedures to support governance and controls
- Take responsibility for self-development through self-study, identification of learning opportunities
- Embark on a continuous learning drive to stay abreast with best practice in Telecoms and related industries
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures to ensure a consistent delivery of sales and sales message to all customers
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT with sales background or other sales related qualifications.
- Minimum of 3-5years Experience in Sales and Marketing, IT Sales management, Business administration and management or Relationship Management
- Required Unique skill is great understanding of Sales Management
- You have an innovation mind-set, you are a fast thinker and like to solve problems.
- You are Self-directed and highly motivated individual
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You enjoy selling and have great interpersonal skills
- You like to meet challenges and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are resourceful, adaptable and independent in nature
- You are rigorous and have strong organizational skills
- You are a great team player
How to Apply
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 22nd September 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.