Building Supervisor Job, Current Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
Job Reference Number: HRJIC588,
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Building Supervisor. The position holder will report to the Facilities Coordinator and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
Assisting the Property Coordinator in Monitoring, managing and overseeing the services offered to tenants and ensuring equitable distribution and maximization of costs.
- Facilitating access to equipment to the outsource vendors for purposes of repairs and maintenance.
- Keeping maintenance logs for each property and equipment.
- Receiving and addressing tenant complaints and escalating major issues to the Property Coordinator and the outsourced agents.
- Daily checks of all building service systems including but not limited to pumps, motors, lifts, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, mechanical, generator rooms, fire alarm, equipment and completion of requisite inspection reports.
- Ensuring that power supply is always available to all buildings and the generator is serviceable.
- Checking on water inlet and ensuring that there is enough water supply to the buildings.
- Checking on safety, security and reporting any anomalies to the Property Coordinator or Security Supervisor.
- Performing minor repairs that do not require external Contractors/Sub-Contractors including lights bulbs and tubes, leaking taps and minor furniture/hardware repairs.
- Ensure common area and Jubilee offices maintenance and cleanliness of the building at all times
- Inspecting all areas and giving daily status reports on fabric, services and environment.
- Supervising Contractors/ Sub-Contractors to ensure high job quality and that work is completed on time.
- Reporting any sub-tenants to the Real Estate Manager.
- Coordinating, facilitating and overseeing the various activities between Jubilee, tenants and Service Providers.
- Striving to establish and maintain a consistent corporate image for the properties.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations in liaison with the EHS Officer
- Coordinating and supervising reinstatement of Offices and Shops after tenant vacate
- Facilitating relocation of Tenants and Jubilee Departments as and when required
- Liaising with Local Authorities for provision of basic amenities and facilitating payments
- Sorting out Utility problems with the statutory bodies e.g. KPLC, Local Authorities Service Providers etc.
- Participating in cost effective disposal of salvage goods
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Inventory Control
- Budget Proposals and Reports
- Physical and Accounting Control over fixed assets
- Negotiation Skills
- Property Inspection
- Diploma in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering or construction and maintenance technology from a recognized institution
- Degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- Government Trade Test with certification in plumbing, electrical wiring, carpentry & joinery preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role and knowledge in property management and maintenance.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position
Closing Date 31st August, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted