Audit, Risk & Compliance Manager Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Auditing Jobs, Banking Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi,
Our client is one of the leading Microfinance Banks in Kenya. They seek to recruit an Audit, Risk and Compliance Manager to provide an innovative, responsive and effective value adding review of the bank operations and recommend improvements in the effectiveness of enterprise risk Management, internal control systems and corporate governance.
Title: Audit, Risk & Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Board Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
- Reviewing and appraising the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems of the bank
- Assessing the adequacy of established policies and procedures and reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with these policies, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations.
- Ensuring performance of quality audits and production of quality internal audit reports with practical and agreeable corrective actions and submit the reports to all members of the Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer and members of the management team.
- Follow up and escalate on all audit findings implementation for escalation as per the banks escalation matrix
- Producing the agendas for the Board Audit Committee and managing the entire process ensuring that quality Board papers are submitted to the members and quality minutes are produced and circulated to action persons
- Investigation of all attempted frauds and conduct forensic reviews as requested by management
- Coordinating the Central Bank of Kenya annual inspection of the Bank and ensuring both the inspection reports and the external auditor’s management letters are converted to corrective action plans and that the Audit Committee is regularly updated with the status of implementation of the corrective measures by the line managers.
- Manage the budget for the Audit department
- Identify and assess the compliance risks associated with the bank’s current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on an international level
- Conduct risk assessments on a scheduled plan on all bank operations as well as on any external influences
- Development and maintenance of the bank account opening black list as well as all unit’s compliance checklists
- Review of risk management policies i.e. Risk management policy, Business continuity policy and Stress testing policy
- Maintain and update the bank risk registers
- Conduct stress testing of the various key risks facing the bank
- Conduct internal AML and KYC trainings as provided by CBK prudential guidelines
- Carry out compliance review and snap checks on compliance with banks internal procedures and policies
- Review transactions to ensure that high value transactions are identified and appropriately reported to the regulator
- Monitor implementation of Audit recommendation
- Prepare and file the monthly, quarterly compliance reports to the CBK
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization goals and objective
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management/Administration or related business degree
- Masters will be an added advantage
- Certified Chartered Accountant/ Certified Public Accountant
- Current member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with a valid membership Certificate
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) and or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) qualifications will be an added advantage
- 4-6 years in a busy Internal Audit department preferably in a Bank or Professional Audit firm with two years at senior level management.
- Keen to details and interpretation of data
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to generate new business
- Possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make prompt decisions and independence in problem solving
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Audit, Risk & Compliance Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th August 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CVN.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE