Assistant Packhouse Manager Jobs, Agricultural Jobs.
Our client is an exporter of fresh produce located in Kampala, Uganda. Along with buying the local fruits & vegetables from out growers for export the company is setting up two large commercial farms growing Hass avocados, Macadamia and a variety of short-term crops including hot peppers, chia seeds and vegetables. They seek to hire a mature and proactive Assistant Packhouse Manager who will be responsible for setting up and managing of all processes in the pack house to meet the overall production targets, international export requirement and objectives of the company.
Job title: Assistant Packhouse Manager – Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Overseeing the construction of the packhouse along with the Supply Chain Manager – including managing the contractors
- Planning and allocating of staff duties i.e. allocate task and set production target to ensure timely and accurate completion of timely targets.
- Prepare the plan order and receive the material as per plan order
- Develop quality targets, operational methods and workplace standards and ensure they are met at the highest level
- Involved in the training of new staff members when they join the pack house or organization.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of material to avoid wastage
- To develop local and international food safety standards and BRC and ensure the standards are adhered to
- Maintain production equipment so as to reduce breakdown and ensure good working order
- Conducting regular scheduled performance reviews of the staff reporting to him as per organization’s policy.
- Conducting daily and regular quality check-ups to ensure the pack house is in the right order at all times
- Supervise and coordinate production & changeover, shutdown, monitoring of daily preventive maintenance
- Preparing daily reports regarding labour and job accomplished
- Maintain up to date production record
- Managing stock of packaging boxes and other items as required
- Effective control of all employee relations, disciplinary, grievance and absenteeism related matters
- Overseeing the distribution/logistics from the packhouse to the airport
- Any other duties as required by the management
- Diploma/Degree in Food Science & Technology, or Agronomy
- Must have at least 3 -5 years of experience as an Assistant Packhouse Manager in a packhouse that deals with fresh produce
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Leadership with maturity and high emotional intelligence
- Critical thinker with ability to pre-empt needs
- Ability to analyse, communicate, manage and prioritize multiple technical issues
- Computer literacy
- Have Proven technical aptitude, leading from the front.
- Approachable and have a strong business acumen
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Assistant Packhouse Manager – Uganda) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th July 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.