Our client is a leading motorcycle manufacturing company based in Nairobi. They seek to hire an assistant accountant to assist on all financial activities & transactions and ensure that they are in line with existing policies, procedures, systems and regulations of the company and the set Kenyan laws. He or she will report to the accountant.
Gross Salary: 50k
- Preparation of payment vouchers in the company’s accounting system
- Liaising with the sales department and raising sales invoices after receiving proforma invoice.
- Preparing Local purchase orders once approval has been received from the line managers.
- Doing filing and ensuring all accounting records are properly kept and that the records can be easily retrieved when necessary.
- Updating stock records in the accounting system and assisting in stock take whenever stock takes are being done.
- Assisting in petty cash management and processing petty cash vouchers.
- Updating company ledger with other day to day transactions in the company’s accounting system.
- Any other Finance department duties that may be assigned to him/her by supervisors/ management.
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum CPA Section II or equivalent (ideally related with a degree)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy SME
- Must conversant with Sage Evolution
- Experience in statutory deductions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Must have a good understanding of financial concepts and pay keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion. Able to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Assistant Accountant) to email@example.com on or before 14th December 2018. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contactedN.B: DONT Miss Out On Your Next JOB. Register Your CV With US. Click Here To Upload Your CV.. It's FREE.