Advocate/Associate Job, Latest Legal Jobs,
Job Title: Advocate/Associate,
Reports To: Managing Partner,
Direct Reports: Pupils, Legal Assistants,
Remuneration: Negotiable but attractive,
A fantastic opportunity has arisen fo r a passionate Advocate to join Mukele Moni and Company Advocates in their Nairobi Office. You will be motivated by the opportunity to play a key role in the success of the firm in Kenya and the region. You will partner with the legal team in Nairobi and Kakamega. You will work closely with the Managing Partner and handle various matters including conveyancing, legislative drafting, legal research, law and policy, matters related to commercial and corporate transactions, property, banking and securities law.
- Negotiate, draft and review of commercial contracts on behalf of our clients;
- Advise clients on legal aspects of business and conveyancing transactions;
- Conduct due diligence on conveyancing transactio ns, drafting, reviewing contracts and oversee the registration of the same, where applicable;
- Interpret laws and regulations for individuals, corporate organizations and provide timely legal opinions on matters relating to property, real estate and commercial transactions;
- Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the different registries and government/county offices;
- Coordinate with the relevant key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors;
- Develop lasting client relationships and actively building on experiences that support our client needs;
- Manage the delivery of client work professionally to an agreed plan;
- Continuously develop, improvements for internal process and temp lates for the various agreements;
- Provide and ensure that content on the firm’s website related to commercial, corporate transactions, conveyancing, property and real estate are up to date;
- Develop articles on emerging issues on the various areas of law;
- Supervise and direct the pupil’s and legal assistants;
- Effect legal formation of entities and oversee compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Develop structures within the department that would ensure efficiency and good service delivery to our clients;
- Actively participate in the business development of the firm including setting up meetings with both existing and potential clients;
Minimum Qualifications/Skills/Competencies Required
- Minimum of 8 years post admission experience working in busy law firm preferably in Conveyancing section;
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university;
- Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
- Certificate of Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be added advantage;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office software;
- Excellent research, analysis and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills;
- Competent, prompt, diligent and ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner;
- A proven track record in handling conveyancing work from tier 1 banks in Kenya is highly desirable;
- Experience in handling corporate and commercial matters will be an added advantage;
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Highly adaptive to change and result oriented.
Only applicants with a minimum experience of Eight (8) years as an advocate/associate in conveyancing section will be considered.
How To Apply
Qualified individuals should submit their applications to email@example.com not later than 1200 hrs on Friday 30th April 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted within Thirty (30) days.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. Click Here To Upload Your CV.. It's Free. NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills. Click Here For Best Short Courses & Trainings.