Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Construction accountant Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is a construction and trading company that deals in the construction of churches, buildings and general works, and manufacture of the church windows and doors. They seek to hire a competent and qualified accountant to maintain the books of the firm, comply with statutory requirements and set up the internal controls of the business.
Salary: 40K – 50K
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance, and reasonableness of the transactions.
- Preparing and submitting financial reports including weekly, monthly operating reports, financial statements, audit reports, inventory, and capital purchases.
- Ensuring the transparency and efficiency of the organizations financial operations and to safeguard compliance with reporting guidelines.
- Maintain data integrity of financial records including the General and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly and timely updated and recorded.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems, Processes and financial performance.
- Review accounting, account analysis and reconciliation (banks, cash, Receivables, and payables).
- Ensure statutory payments are completed and made on time (NHIF, PAYE, and NSSF), administering VAT and processing returns.
- Update financial records by reviewing and posting various General ledger journal entries with recent transactions and changes.
- Manage the preparation of all management reports
- Ensuring timely and professional communication between the Accounting department and internal and external customers.
- Any other duty that might be allocated to them.
- Degree in Accounting or CPA- K equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience, all rounded experience as an accountant
- Ability to interpret financial data and communicate this to stakeholders, advising and providing direction.
- Candidates with a demonstrated history of setting up an accounting department or putting in place internal controls are preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages – QuickBooks iCloud
- The suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and should be mature
- They should also be dynamic and a team player
- Strong attention to detail is required.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant) to email@example.com before 13th May 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.