Our client is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries. They are headquartered in Berlin (Germany) and currently have six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in ten countries in Africa/Asia/America.
They seek to hire a Regional Manager who will have the overall responsibility in managing the human resources, working capital and assets to be able to maximize and grow the profit of each area in the allocated region.
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to the counties
Reporting To: Retail Manager
Salary: 100 – 135K
Regional Sales Manager Job Responsibilities
- Elaborate and compile a regional strategy to increase gross profit of the region and to turnaround under-performing E-HUBBs
- Assess and suggest to supervisor and the Head of Retail Department new business opportunities in specific E-HUBB sites.
- Implement a continuous market research via Area Officers for all sites, areas and the entire region to suggest new product and/or business ideas to increases profit.
- Be aware of all developments on community level that might deteriorate the profit or even threaten business continuity of an E-HUBB and report the same.
- Attend to all administrative issues of assigned Area Officers in coordination with the respective department (such as, Retail Dept., Human Resources Dept and Finance Dept. etc.)
- Supervise the work quality, attention to detail, communication and completeness of Area Officers; identify key training needs of assigned Area Officers and train them on-the-job.
- Ensure compliance of Area Officers with all internal policies & procedures through adequate control measures; check weekly and monthly the Area Officer Operator visit checklist (refer to checklist form); report non-compliance immediately to supervisor; execute corrective measures upon approval from supervisor.
- Undertake field visits with and without AOs (incl. surprise visits), sometimes for prolonged periods in remote areas of the region; serve as a role model for Area Officers and motivate them
- Implement the company’s approved sales and marketing strategies, promotion activities, planograms and awareness campaigns elaborated by the Sales & Marketing Department by undertaking and ensuring corrective training schemes.
- Suggest to supervisor, oversee and implement regular promotion activities in each area to serve as a role model to Area Officers and operators.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain Manager in relation to logistics planning, distribution to and receipt of stock at E-HUBBs.
- Initiate, Oversee and implement stock intake with local distributors in coordination with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Prepare regional budget monthly and present to supervisor and Finance Dept. with clear indication on where cost savings can be made.
Qualifications for the Regional Sales Manager Job
- University degree in Business Administration/Logistics or any related field.
- 5 – 6 years work experience in Management, Retail, Operations or similar roles.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili
- Proficient with standard office software (incl. MS Word and MS Excel or equivalent)
- Driving license
- Leadership skills with ability to lead people and take responsibility
- Hands-on management style and willingness to spend majority of time outside the office, at sometimes very remote locations, which involve long trips on rough roads, very basic accommodation conditions and use of public transport.
- Highly organized
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Regional Sales Manager-Solar Products) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 16th August 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.