Our client is an international charity NGO seeking to reduce poverty in Africa through accelerated access to modern energy products and services.
They seek to recruit a vibrant candidate to fill the post of a Finance Officer to provide financial accounting and management support across all our projects of the organization.
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that all project and country office financial/expenditure documents are delivered in a timely manner, reviewed for accuracy and completeness and ready for approval and posting.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Ensure all projects accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization.
- Assist in financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that programme funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Carry out training on financial policies and procedures to non-finance staff and partners, as required.
- Assist the Head of finance in ensuring that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to the supervisor for review on time for submission to donors.
- Help with the preparation of internal and external audits and respond to audit queries in a timely manner.
- Make visits to the country offices as required to support financial operations and management
- Reviewing all ARO staff time sheets ensuring that staff has allocated time properly to projects.
- Leading all project related budgets and working closely with the programmes team.
- Lead on the administration of cash disbursement and drawdown from programmes.
- Opening of project accounts on system.
- Liaise on a regular basis with finance and management staff in the field.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Finance Officer Job
- Degree in a business related field with a CPA qualification or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an international organization.
- Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures.
- Proven numeracy and financial analysis / planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial managers.
- High degree of computer literacy in Microsoft Office products especially Excel and financial systems (Sage).
- Experience of establishing good working relationships with a variety of people.
- Proven track record in delivering results in a pressurized environment.
- Culturally sensitive and ability to adapt easily.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your C.V only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Officer – NGO) to email@example.com on or before Friday 11th August, 2017.